The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main is a national-level entrance exam for admission to undergraduate engineering and architecture courses in various institutes across India. The exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) twice a year, in January and April. The JEE Main 2024 exam dates have been announced by the NTA as follows:
- Session 1: January 24 to February 1, 2024
- Session 2: April 1 to 15, 2024
The JEE Main 2024 exam will consist of three papers: Paper 1 for B.E./B.Tech., Paper 2A for B.Arch., and Paper 2B for B.Plan. The exam will be conducted in online mode, except for the drawing section of Paper 2A, which will be in pen-and-paper mode. The exam will have multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and numerical answer type (NAT) questions, with negative markings for incorrect MCQs.
Topics Removed From JEE Main 2024
The JEE Main 2024 syllabus has been revised by the NTA in consultation with various boards and experts. The syllabus has been reduced and some topics have been removed from each subject to align with the NCERT curriculum for Class 11 and Class 12 students. The revised syllabus is available on the official website of JEE Main at jeemain.nta.nic.in. The following table shows the list of topics that have been removed from the JEE Main 2024 syllabus:
|Mathematics||Mathematical Inductions, Mathematical Reasoning, A few topics from Three Dimensional Geometry|
|Physics||Communication Systems, A few topics from Experimental Skills|
|Chemistry||Physical quantities and their measurements in Chemistry, precision and accuracy, significant figures, States of Matter, Thomson and Rutherford’s atomic models and their limitations, Surface Chemistry, s-Block Elements, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals, Hydrogen, Environmental Chemistry, Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday Life|
The candidates who are interested in appearing for the JEE Main 2024 exam must register themselves on the official website of JEE Main at jeemain.nta.nic.in. The registration dates for Session 1 are expected to be announced soon. The registration process involves the following steps:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of JEE Main at jeemain.nta.nic.in and click on the registration link under the candidate activity tab.
- Step 2: Fill out the registration form with your personal details, such as name, date of birth, email ID, mobile number, etc. Create a password and choose a security question and answer. Submit the form to generate your application number.
- Step 3: Log in with your application number and password and fill out the application form with your educational details, such as the qualifying exam, marks obtained, board name, etc. Choose your preferred exam paper, language, city, etc.
- Step 4: Upload your scanned images of your passport-size photograph and signature in JPG/JPEG format. The photograph should be between 10 KB to 200 KB and the signature should be between 4 KB to 30 KB in size.
- Step 5: Pay the application fee through online mode using net banking, credit card, debit card, UPI, or Paytm. The application fee varies according to the category and gender of the candidate and the number of papers chosen. The fee details are given below:
|General/Gen-EWS/OBC-NCL||Rs.650 (One Paper), Rs.1300 (Two Papers)||Rs.325 (One Paper), Rs.650 (Two Papers)|
|SC/ST/PwD/Transgender||Rs.325 (One Paper), Rs.650 (Two Papers)||Rs.325 (One Paper), Rs.650 (Two Papers)|
- Step 6: Download the confirmation page and take a printout of it for future reference.
Eligibility Criteria For JEE Main 2024
The candidates are advised to check their eligibility criteria before applying for the JEE Main 2024 exam. The eligibility criteria include the following aspects:
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for appearing in JEE Main 2024.
- Qualifying Exam: The candidates must have passed Class 12 or equivalent exam in 2022 or 2023 or must be appearing in 2024 with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational Subject as compulsory subjects.
- Qualifying Marks: The candidates must have secured at least 75% marks (65% for SC/ST/PwD) in aggregate in Class 12 or equivalent exam or must be in the top 20 percentile of their respective boards.
- Number of Attempts: The candidates can attempt JEE Main for a maximum of three consecutive years.
The candidates who are preparing for the JEE Main 2024 exam must follow the revised syllabus and the exam pattern. They must also practice solving previous years’ question papers and mock tests to get familiar with the type and level of questions asked in the exam. They must also revise the important topics and formulas and clear their doubts before the exam. They must also manage their time and stress effectively and stay confident and positive.
We hope that this article has provided you with useful information on the JEE Main 2024 syllabus and registration. For more updates and details, you can visit the official website of JEE Main at jeemain.nta.nic.in. We wish you all the best for your exam preparation and performance.